National Council of Women's Societies (NCWS) Nigeria
- Supporting & promoting the interests of less privileged women.
Women In Politics
Promoting initiatives to increase the participation of women in politics.
Encourages the affiliation of all women NGO’s in the country to come under NCWS
Involved in other educational campaigns including maternal and child health.
Aisha Buhari tasks women groups on unity
The First Lady, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, has called for unity of all women’s groups in the country.
Buhari gave the charge when she received the newly-elected 15th National Executive Members of the National Council for Women Societies (NCWS) led by its President, Mrs. Lami Lau, at the State House, Abuja.
She said the body was recognised for its ability to unite the diverse women groups across the country.
“ President, as you know, the task of uniting women groups of different interests under one umbrella may be overwhelming.
“ Especially, when each of these groups has varied interests to pursue,” she said.
Buhari, however, said it was important to note that there was a common goal of uplifting the status of women across the country.
While assuring the visitors of her determination to support their course, Buhari also reminded them of the enormous task ahead.
“ I believe, as president of NCWS, you have a lot of work ahead, especially with diversity and denial of equal rights and opportunity for women.
She, therefore, urged them to join forces with other relevant stakeholders to ensure that the rights of women were not trampled.
Providing Aid And Support
NCWS reinvent a social responsibility approach to support the less privilege women with the provision of basic amenities in terms of food, shelter, cash and lots of sustainable empowerment schemes and training.
- NCWS organized economic literacy programmes for the market women community.
- Providing economic lectures on self-sustenance
- NCWS took an active role in promoting initiatives to increase the participation of women in the Economy of Nigeria through training classes and credit programmes.
NCWS provides educational campaigns for Nigeria women to raised the level of their exposure and promote education of girls child.
- Encourages affirmative action in political appointments for women
- Involved in the establishment of Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria
- Globally revolutionize global sources through
We Unite Nigerian Women
In Promoting Their Interest
We bring to the table win-win survival strategies to ensure proactive domination of Nigerian women in the development of the economy. At the end of the day, going forward.
- Women under the umbrella of the National Council of Women Societies (NCWS) form cluster bodies to be able fight, promote and protect the intrest of Nigerian women
- We are United!
- We are determined !